High Temperature Tadpole Gaskets
Fiberglas and Stainless Steel Gaskets with a “Tadpole” attachment
Our Tadpole gaskets are designed to provide a high temperature thermal seal in industrial laboratory, commercial and residential ovens and dryers with a maximum continuous operating temperature of 1000°F / 540°C. Constructed with Type E fiberglass, the bulb may be filled with various constructions of either fiberglass or stainless steel in order to achieve the proper design compression.
Additionally, the bead of the tadpole may also be filled to accommodate various door constructions. Textile engineering coupled with our heat treating and coating expertise, allow for a wide variety of constructions in order to meet unique environmental and design constraints.
Gasket Design Detail
Core diameter are typically 1/4″- 3/4″ Both the Core and Bead may be filled with the following optional materials or left hollow:
In addition, the gasket can be provided with a stainless steel knitted jacket or a coating of either PTFE or Silicone rubber. The bead (Dimension B) may also be eliminated. Our engineering staff will be happy to assist in meeting all your design needs.
Fiberglass Tadpole Tapes
Tadpole tapes are custom manufactured to a variety of configurations to meet customer needs. They are resilient gasket tapes formed by wrapping heat-resistant cores with specially treated cover materials.
- Silicone Coated Tadpole Seals – Aprx Temp: 649°C
- Silicone Coated Fiberglass Cover/Stainless Core Tadpole Seal
- Silicone Coated Fiberglass/Hollow Core
- Silicone Coated Fiberglass Cover/Galvanized Core Tadpole Seal
- Silicone Coated Fiberglass Cover/Aramid Rope Core
- Silicone Coated Fiberglass Cover/Fiberglass Core Tadpole Seal
- Silica Cloth Tadpole Seals – Aprx Temp: 1093°C
- Silica Cloth Cover/Inconel Core Tadpole Seal
- Silica Cloth Cover/Ceramic Core Tadpole Seal
- Aramid Tadpole Seals – Aprx Temp: 649°C
- Aramid Cover/Hollow Core Tadpole Seal
- Aramid Cover/Galvanized Core Tadpole Seal
- Aramid Cover/Aramid Rope Core Tadpole Seal
- Aramid Cover/Fiberglass Core Tadpole Seal
- Aramid Cover/Stainless Core Tadpole Seals
- PTFE Coated Tadpole Seals – Aprx Temp: 980°C
- PTFE Coated Fiberglass Cover/Hollow Core Tadpole Seal
- PTFE Coated Fiberglass Cover/Inconel Core Tadpole Seal
- PTFE Coated Fiberglass/Galvanized Core Tadpole Seal
- PTFE Coated Fiberglass/Aramid Rope Core Tadpole Seal
- PTFE Coated Fiberglass/Fiberglass Core Tadpole Seal
- PTFE Coated Fiberglass/Stainless Core Tadpole Seal
Knitted Knitted tadpole tapes are made from knitted fiberglass cloth formed over a knit braided fiberglass rope core. The core can be made of other heat resistant material.
Woven Woven Fiberglass Tadpole Tapes are manufactured from a woven fiberglass cloth and formed over a dense knit braided fiberglass rope or heat resistant core. This is a useful gasket for sealing flanges or for use where low bolt force is applied.
Aluminized Tadpole Tapes are used in sealing oven doors, covers, ducting, expansion joints, burners and other applications where conformance to uneven flanges and surfaces is required. The tail or fin section of the tadpole can be attached to metal or refractory surfaces by bolting, metal strapping or with sheet metal screws. The Aluminized Tadpole Tape can be welded to refractory surfaces because of its metal mesh cover. Both the inside and outside of the tadpole tape can be aluminized.
Graphited Fiberglass Tadpole Tapes are engineered to meet the requirements of high temperature, low pressure services. Tadpoles are constructed with treated cover materials wrapped over a variety of resilient cores. Tadpoles are ideally suited for sealing flanges with limited blot force, warped or uneven matting surfaces or joints where flat tapes or packing is not appropriate. Graphite Coating provides more abrasion resistance. The black color renders a more blended appearance for the unit it is applied to. Graphite Coating is permanent at high temperature.
Adhesive Back REX offers tadpole tapes that are heat and flame resistant, and often made with thermal insulating fiberglass. They are fabricated with high quality fiberglass that will not burn and will withstand continuous exposure to temperatures of 1000°F. They are commonly used as a gasket or seal for access doors, gate valves and other applications. When an adhesive is applied to one side of the tape it allows for easy